Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ties.

Ties are so much fun. I wear ties all the time; they are great for showing off color of something you're wearing like a bright green with a light brown sport coat. Ties are great but they can mess up your outfit. You can also do things that make you look like you just threw some "professional" clothes on... Then you will look stupid. For example: don't wear a plaid tie with a black blazer. Some people do it. It's more of a personal preference but in reality it isn't a good match. Now my favorite thing to see people in is a striped tie with a squared/checkered shirt. That looks great! Andy Bernard from the office does it all the time and he looks amazing! (I love the office.)

Burberry.
Ralph Lauren.
You normally shouldn't wear a knit or cotton tie to anything formal. If the occasion calls for a suit and tie make sure the tie is silk. Cotton ties are so fun and amazing but they are for casual to semi professional social gatherings like a party on a lake I mean who would wear a silk tie anyway. I like wearing them when it's hot out side; with a white button down! (Hopefully that's all I'll wear while I'm in NYC.)
The two ties I have picked are what I consider to be great for two different reasons. It's a little hard (not impossible) to tell which one is silk and which is cotton. The Ralph Lauren is cotton and the Burberry is silk. The point is these can be worn when ever you want. I would wear the Burberry the most because it is light colored and a bit slimmer. If you aren't the best at tying a tie Google it! I see people all the time with like a six inch wide block of tie at their neck and it's like Oh my!! Scary stuff. Basically if you need help nobody will judge you if you Google it! You don't want a tie to long or to short. No matter how long your torso is it needs to just barely touch your belt. Any shorter it will be ridiculous looking! If you are still trying to rock that eight inch wide tie... Well you can't go invest in a few basic colored new ones! Nordstrom sells some for like twenty dollars. Always have a red, blue, yellow, black and green tie! Those are the colors that will match with the majority of your wardrobe. Seersucker ties are also a good choice. They are clean and classy!







-Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment