Sunday, July 31, 2011

Winter boots!

It's almost that time again. Long pants, boots, scarves, cashmere sweaters and snow! I enjoy the summer but the winter is my favorite time of the year. Scarves and boots are the most enjoyable part for me. I like to just wear jeans, boots and a button down. Then from there I have to start progressively wearing warmer and warmer clothes. And by January I wear nothing but my hunter boots, plaid pants and a thermal jacket. It gets way to cold to look good... You can do a lot of different things with a pair of dark brown leather boots. Like these from Bluefly. Cole Haan brown leather boots! What could be better? I can't wait for the cold long winter months when it gets dark at 5pm and can wear them all day! My favorite thing to do is go shopping when it's snowing. Don't know why it just is; I like to be warm while doing it! The best advice I can give about winter fashion is nothing light colored!!! Don't ever wear dark brown or black boots with a light colored pair of jeans. It looks ridiculous. I always buy dark wash jeans but I make it a point to have them brand new looking when I wear boots. I have found Ralph Lauren jeans do really well with keeping their color. I always set the color in my new jeans so that the color will stay as long as possible. I did it to Ralph Lauren jeans and a pair of Rock and revival jeans; the Ralph Lauren pair stayed darker much longer. Light jeans are only good for the early spring. They have that look like you just pulled them out of the closet after a long cold winter. It looks good for a while but eventually it doesn't. Who likes jeans in the summertime anyway? I know some people do but I don't and I think people are stupid for doing it! For old times sake this winter I'm going to pull out my Favorite pair of Nudie jeans and wear them with my new boots!


-Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment