Sunday, June 26, 2011

Le magnifique Versace!

Versace
Although Gianni Versace and I only lived at the same time for a little over a year everything thing I have seen that he created was inspiring. Everything from tight red pants (which Donatella used Monday) to beach shirts with butterflies and palm trees. It makes me laugh to see that kind of stuff because I never lived in the 80's. I probably wouldn't wear it now but I feel like if I had lived in the 80's I would love it! Even on Monday's show there was influence from the 80's for example the way the pants get big around the hip and the shirt is so poofy around the waist totally 80's! (I think) I don't fully understand why I'm so obsessed with this collection. It might just be excitement coming out while waiting to see the collaboration between H&M and Vesace.  Kyle Richards said it best "if you put the word vintage in front of it people go 'ohhh I love that'. So my love for vintage Versace might be just because Gianni made it. I love Donatella she's all about sexy, gold, studs, spikes and lots of color. She is an amazing woman. I don't see a lot of female designers that like a lot of fierce and sexiness. I only own two pieces of Versace. It's about time I get more. Like a purple vintage sport coat. It's amazing! Understand that just because you buy something expensive and designer does NOT make it fashionable! Buy all the versace in the world if you want. Just if you don't wear it right it wont look better than something from a thrift store. Personally I don't think a brand should even have to put a logo on stuff. The item should market itself. On the other hand I know how you want people to know you worked for that Louis Vuitton or Hermes bag. Don't ever buy fake!!! I see people all the time with the giant CC Chanel bag and it's fake!! If you can't afford a Chanel bag buy something less expensive! Don't buy it just so people will see you have a Chanel bag. To put it all in perspective I love Versace!


-Austin





No comments:

Post a Comment