Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kermit Tesoro

It's no surprise heel-less high heels have become all the rage lately. I don't want to take anything away from the designers but in part Lady Gaga has been responsible. I'm seeing a lot of designers starting to do it! One designer I have been keeping track of is Kermit Tesoro. Like McQueen he has a thing with skulls! One shoe that I have seen all over Tumblr lately has a skull at the top of the heel. Skulls use to be exclusive to one crowd but it seems after the McQueen scarves became all the rage, skulls started to appear everywhere. I first saw his work thru Nicola Formichettis' online shop for 'Gilt Groupe'. Then again when  Florian Joyet used his heel-less shoes for Joyets' Spring/Summer 2012 show. Heel-less shoes have something about them that's makes you want to either put them on or stare at them for hours. They are mesmerizing and I love spikes so Tesoros' spiked version of the heel-less shoe, to myself, are perfection. He was also part of the amazing body suit that Lady Gaga wore
in her "Marry the night" video. Which I loved. I've read about his and have seen people call him "The McQueen of the Philippines". Time well tell if that's true but he's definitely a young designer I will be keeping tabs on to see what he has going on. I find it interesting how his shoes are not expensive. The black spiked, heel-less, are one of his most expensive and totally worth it at $1000. I think someone like him would make a great collaboration with a brand such as Prada. All the bright colors and flames. Everything great that Prada brings to the table with his innovation designs would make for a truly fantastic collection.

3 comments: