Sunday, March 4, 2012

MUGLER Womenswear A/W 2012

Nicola Formichetti did a wonderful job at the Mugler show this past Wednesday. I don't pay to much attention to Womenswear for more than a few designers. Mugler is one of the few for obvious reason. I thought this collection was very good. I liked the use of insect wings on the nails (I'm sure Daphne Guinness loved that), the simple use of fur on the arms was interesting. What I found most interesting was the 3d effect by some of the pieces having fabric off of the dress and also having skin showing. Instead of everything being covered up. I feel this piece best exemplifies that. But I could never expect something so bland and dull from Nicola. Every collection has that one piece that is suppose to be the most outstanding or spectacular. The perfect example of that would be the suit that Polina Kasina wore in Alexander McQueen S/S 2010 show. In my case I found two pieces I though fit the bill. For my taste color blocking or mixing isn't a big deal. There are times I want a mix of colors or I want something to be similar but for the most part I like a look to be all one color. Obviously a black alligator skin suit would be one. This suit is fantastic. I love the cut shoulders and the heels are perfection.
One thing that caught me during the show was the heels had red bottoms. I would like to find out if those where made by Louboutin for Mugler but for now I'm assuming Nicola just decided they would have red bottoms. Now for the orange dress the first thing I thought of was Issey Miyake; I also like the shoulders just because they are rounded. I thought this style of heel from the collection was the best. They very simply came up around the sides of the foot and met back at the ankle exposing the top of the foot. What an awkward tan line that will leave.



Xx -Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment