Saturday, November 5, 2011

Paco Rabanne.

I didn't even watch the Spring/Summer 2012 show until today but when I did I loved it! The whole time I was sitting watching it I was in love with the silvers and blue colors! The 2012 summer show looks like Alexander McQueen, Chanel and Giuseppe Zanotti had a fabulous baby and gave it to Manish Arora! I love studs! As long as they are used in moderation. Then you had the very closely put together almost pin like pieces. It looked like pieces of Raw crystals it was fantastic! However I did not enjoy the over whelming metal pieces. I thought they were a bit much. I respect them as a piece of art but they are so non functioning nobody would ever wear them.
Clearly there is McQueen inspiration here what's so great about it is how well it was carried out! People don't just go out and try to recreate something Alexander McQueen created... They can't. Usually. This piece just exemplifies how some people can get it right!
I love this dress because it is a more bold version of the simple Chanel dress.
Obviously I love the way Chanel does it but sometimes you want to wear a shimmering metallic dress! Adding some complexity, even if it's one outfit, makes you a bit more interesting. Especially if you don't go all out and crazy all the time. The dress on the left is a fantastic representation of my idea of adding a layer of originality and difference! I don't know what all that blue stuff is but I love it! I honestly think it's just something to make a simple dress pop and look amazing.. It does a really good job. If you went to a party in that I'm sure you would be the only one looking that amazing. Now on to the shoes. Normally I don't like shoes that seem to much like another designers shoe. I feel as if there was a bit to much use of inspiration. This collection of shoes did have some resemblance but they look better than just being copied and adding some minor detail and calling it your own. I thought the shoes from this show were fabulous! The whole collection was very robotic and metallic but the shoes were just great! I enjoy mechanical looking shoes. Who wouldn't want a pair of shinny silver snake skin heels like these? I also like the platform on most of them. There is texture with the bumps and spikes. You can see the resemblance to Zanotti but looking at the shoe you know it is Paco Rabanne.







-Austin


No comments:

Post a Comment